Wednesday, June 12, 2013

On The Other Side Of Faith !

"Okay, this is it..i guess my time has come to switch places" she began.

"Oh c'mon, how is that even remotely possible...you're not supposed to be fickle..better stay where you are...you're not going anywhere" i said, confusion mixed with some amount of assertion.

"Why not..isn’t it natural..besides I’m not going anywhere..I’ll always be there when you need me..!" she said with an assurance that had freaked me out to the core.

"Its a stranger" were my reflex comments..."you know how i am..my quirks..my inanity..you know what elates me..& what pisses me off..you know when to leave me alone & when not to..don’t you know you are just like a part of me"

"Just like???" I was somehow getting irritated with that hearty chuckle of her's...why is she thinking on these grounds...how am I supposed to replace her with a person I barely knew...

"Hey hey" she started again.."barely knew??don’t you lie to me dear..your mind was made up even before you consulted me..you knew you were taken, or let me say, rather gone.. now get that idiotic pretense & blush, off your face"

"So what happens now?" i said admitting certain facts..

"You've found the hidden pieces...now go & complete the jigsaw"..

I always hate it when she gets in her cryptic mode.........

"Okay okay..let me simplify it for you the usual way" she continued..."remember what he said..just go with the flow..listen to that...this shot is worth the instinct..believe me"

"Let me iterate...he is a stranger..who came ambling in my not so quiet life" I interrupted with a point I knew was going to be overruled the very next moment...

"And you willingly let him do so..isn’t that a testimony in itself...& please for God sakes, stop being so melodramatic about it." I could sense her not so genuine irritation in that comment..."take my word, you're gonna be alright..in fact more than alright" she assured.

"So I let him replace you is what you are asserting is it??..make him a part of my ramblings..let him face the wrath of my moods..make him the person who gives me a sense of confidence..and the one whom I can rely on, the way I’ve been relying on you" I threw a volley of questions at her.

"Isn’t this what an alter-ego does..isn’t this what a conscience thinks.. isn’t this what I have been doing so far....& i know it deep down..or lets say we both know it...you are safe on the other side of this leap of faith" she completed with a smile. 

I haven’t seen her for a month now.


If i have to divide life in two significantly memorable parts..it would be the one before i met you & the one after..& if anyone asks me which one you want to re-live..I’d say both, only if it has you in it..!

Dedicated to the only significant YOU in my life..Rohit :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment